#StartupBasics | Series by Insights Alley (Hosted by Arun Verma)
S01E09 -Everything about Landing Pages
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
In this episode of #StartupBasics, we discussed:
– The Story of Oli from his early career to co-founding Unbounce.
– What is a Landing Page?
– Types of Landing Pages
– What to use a Landing page for ? in early-stage startups?
– Components of a Landing Page:
- Headlines, Copy & Structure of Information
- Page navigation & folds
- Media components: pictures, graphics, videos
- Forms & CTAs
– 5 Second test
– Purpose of Heading & Subheading & Headline Flip Method
– Long form vs short form explanation text
– Attention Ratio
– How to use images/graphics in your landing page?
– How to use Forms and CTAs?
– Wistia’s Benchmarking Data:
– How to use testimonials in your landing page?
– Testimonial Creation Customer Interview script:
- Which things have changed in your business because of our product/service?
- How have they changed?
- Can you describe how it feels to see that change?
- If you were to quantify the change, what metrics have changed and by how much?
- Do you have any examples of before and after in the form of photos?
- Would you be willing to record a video testimonial?
- May I have a photo of you or whoever uses the product/service, actually using it?
- I’ll also need the name, role, company name (if it’s a client), and links to any published materials documenting your use case.
– Landing Page Optimization & AB testing
– Importance of Segmentation
– What should happen after the landing page?
– How to manage your landing pages at scale?
Tineye: to see how many times and where a particular stock image has been used all over the internet,
Unsplash: for free stock images,Landing Page Analyzer by Unbounce
Sample Size Calculator
A/B Test Significance Calculator
- Blog: Unbounce Blog
- People: Amy Harrison (Website, Twitter) for sales copywriting.
If you like this content, consider joining the Newsletter to get access to all the podcasts, videos, content, articles, original and curated in your inbox.