#StartupBasics | Series by Insights Alley (Hosted by Arun Verma)
S01E02 – How to make a Growth system and culture in your startup after product market fit?
Guest: Dani Hart, Former Head of Growth at GrowthHackers
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Subscribe to this Podcast on YouTube, iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Overcast or any of your favorite app.
In this episode of #StartupBasics, we discussed:
– Why not build a Growth System or Team before Product Market Fit? and How to define Product market fit?
– The method by Sean Ellis to identify if you have got PMF: Link to the Survey
– Understanding the NorthStar Metric & Growth objectives.
– The Growth Process:
- Ideas –> Prioritize –> Test –> Analyze
- Rapid testing drives Growth.
- The growth process is a feedback loop.
- Growth meetings.
– Prioritization of growth ideas and speed of testing, resource management and rate of ideation.
– 2 Big Challenges: Just getting started with the process and then maintaining consistency.
– “Hypothesis” in a growth experiment/idea.
– Determining Success or Failure criteria of your experiments & statistical significance. Link to Statistical Significance Calculator.
– Which part of the funnel to focus on? Acquisition, Activation, Usage, Retention?
– Feeding the growth system with ideas: Empower your entire team to contribute to your growth idea generation process.
– Organized & Documented Learning:
- Learn from each experiment (failed or successful).
- Keep a good track of what has been tested in the past for your own learning & future team members.
- Revisiting failed ideas.
- Don’t give up on the growth system. Failed experiments are a part of the process.
– Component of a growth team & contribution of founders. Common mistakes & example of a successful experiment.
- Book: “Hacking Growth: How Today’s Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success” by Sean Ellis & Morgan Brown
- People: Brain Balfour
- People: Sean Ellis
- People: Morgan Brown
If you like this content, consider joining the Newsletter to get access to all the podcasts, videos, content, articles, original and curated in your inbox.